Accra Hearts of Oak have been cleared to register new players after FIFA officially lifted the club’s registration ban following the full settlement of their financial dispute with former technical director Rene Hiddink.
In a statement released on Tuesday, August 18, the Phobians confirmed they had received formal communication from the world football governing body announcing the closure of the case.
“The closure follows the full settlement of the full amount due to Mr. Hiddink, which has been duly confirmed by him,” the club said in the letter. “Consequently, FIFA has formally lifted all registration restrictions previously imposed on the club in connection with the matter.”
Hiddink secured a ruling from FIFA after Hearts of Oak terminated his three-year contract prematurely without paying the remaining amount due.
FIFA subsequently ordered the Ghanaian club to pay the Dutch tactician $150,000 and imposed a registration ban that prevented Hearts from signing new players at both local and international level until the matter was resolved.
With the ban lifted, new head coach Nebojsa Kapor can now move in the transfer market ahead of the 2026/27 Ghana Premier League season. The timing is a major boost for the Phobians, who can now reinforce their squad before the transfer window closes.
“We urged our supporters and all stakeholders to remain calm and allow the matter to rest as the relevant process has now been concluded,” Hearts added in their statement.
The club also said it “acted in good faith throughout the process, with the objective of reaching a responsible and amicable resolution.”


